Which of these two amps would be best?

Home Forums Uni-Fi Which of these two amps would be best?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  KSound 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

KSound
    Participant

Hi

Which of these two amplifiers (or other suggestions) for a pair of UB5 speakers?
    Yamaha A-S501 or Yamaha A-S701?

Thanks

Charles Mallari

The A-S701 has more power and CD Pure Direct, I assume it will sound best. We always recommend more power. and debating on source the A-S701 would sound better.

Respectfully,
    Charles Mallari

KSound
    Participant

Ive found this page which showed boths’s specs side by side.
    Wouldnt the A-S701 be too much. I would prefer the A-S701 rather than 501 but dont want to damage the speakers.

https://usa.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/8/332208/A-S701_S501_S301_om_U.pdf

Thanks
    Regards

Charles Mallari

Most will say that it’s better to have more power than less. It improves dynamics, and much more…

In terms of damaging the speaker, just don’t put the volume too high. As a standard test we must run the speaker at a very high volume for a very long time. It’s so loud that it’s not comfortable in an average sized room. I doubt you would run it that long and that loud. SO i don’t you would damage the speaker. I run the A-S801 at home on the UB5 and it sounds great.

Respectfully,
    Charles

KSound
    Participant

Thankyou so much for your advice you were really helpful.

Thanks
    Regards

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.