What does WAKE mean

Home Forums EA Series Amp What does WAKE mean

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Charles Mallari 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Chris Percival
    Participant

when on the display. When my unit says this it is totally unresponsive to the remote. Have to recycle the power to get the thing to work.

Chris

p.s. Lost my manual.

• This topic was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  Chris Percival.
    • This topic was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  Chris Percival. Reason: added ps

Charles Mallari

The Integrated amp will go to sleep, if the amp don’t have any signal from the source. The unit goes to sleep mode to conserve energy. Wake occurs when the unit is booting up from sleep mode. I’m unsure why you have to power cycle the unit to function properly.

First off here’s and electronic coppy of the Manual:
    https://elac-content.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/2016/12/EA101EQ-G-Operating-Instructions-093016-FINAL-English-and-German-v2.pdf

I would try a factory reset. but know that you might need to re-rename the sources and re-run the Auto EQ. Factory reset by doing the follow:
    Using a small, blunt object, with the power ON, press and hold the recessed
    switch for 5 seconds to restore factory default settings.

If you still have issues, I would try updating the firmware, but know that you might need to re-rename the sources and re-run the Auto EQ.

Firmware and Drivers

Resepctfully,
    Charles Mallari

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.