USB Option Won't Work on My Computer

Home Forums EA Series Amp USB Option Won't Work on My Computer

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Peter 10 months ago.

• Author

SteamedHams
    Participant

Hey ELAC community,

I’ve been trying to get the USB function to work with my computer (Windows 10, 64-bit), but I haven’t been successful. I have downloaded the appropriate drivers and followed the instructions on the firmware and drivers page, but the Element amp just won’t successfully install. In device manager, there’s a yellow exclamation point for the amp (ELAC USB 2.0 High-Speed True HD Audio). Double-clicking it shows the following error:

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There are no compatible drivers for this device.

The drivers are definitely installed and I have tried manually installing the drivers, but it’s still not working. I have also tried using different USB ports on my computer, but that doesn’t change anything. At this point, I’m running out of ideas on how to resolve this. Any help would be much appreciated!

SteamedHams
    Participant

I found a solution on making the USB function work correctly. I checked for updates in Windows Update and it found an update for the drivers ELAC provided, which comes from a company called C-Media. Moments later, my computer installed the updated drivers and the Element amp finally worked properly.

Hope this helps out anyone else, who is having similar issues.

torelinde
    Participant

Hi, I am having the same problem. However, I am not sure I understand the solution in the reply. I have downloaded the drivers found on the Elac site (https://www.elac.com/firmware/) and installed it. However, the exclamation mark is still present in Device Manager (It says: “Windows was unable to install your ELAC USB2.0 High Speed True HD Audio”, when I try to update the driver from Device manager). The Windows 10 computer is updated with the latest patches and I have upgraded the firmware on the Elac to the latest version.
    In the reply you say you found an update for the drivers (in Windows Update). Could you elaborate on this point? Did you just “Check for updates” from Windows 10?

SteamedHams
      Participant

Hi torelinde,

Yes, I just “Check for updates” in Windows 10 and it found the drivers. You can also try going to advanced options in Windows Update and select “Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows.” That might find the correct drivers after doing another check.

mcsadapted
    Participant

I am having the same problem. I was using a simple USB DAC before but the Elac Element does not show up in Control Panel – Sound. I would hate to have to return this to Amazon but that is what they are suggesting at the moment…

Peter
    Participant

It does not work for me either

“device is not recognized by Windows”

Windows 10

mcsadapted
    Participant

I have installed the driver update, but the Elac amp is not appearing in Device Manager or anywhere else. It is as if the USB port is dormant. If anyone comes up with a solution, it would be great to hear about it…would hate to have to return this little thing to Amazon.

mcsadapted
    Participant

All is well…for some reason switching the USB cable did the trick. The original cable worked for a cheap DAC I was using but the Elac was never recognized by the PC with it.

Many thanks to Chris for his help over the phone…

mcsadapted
    Participant

Okay, I was a little premature… the problem now is that turning the unit off causes it not to recognized by the PC when it is turned on again. You have to unplug the USB cable and replug it for the PC to recognize it. Not the biggest problem in the world, but a minor annoyance I guess. Maybe a firmware update could fix this little issue.

mcsadapted
    Participant

Just to tie a bow around this, the firmware (not the driver) update fixed my issue. It’s a four minute operation, probably worth trying if you have USB connection issues.

Peter
    Participant

New USB-cable solved the problem, thanks!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.