Uni fi with Debut in ceiling

Home Forums Uni-Fi Uni fi with Debut in ceiling

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  MM 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author

Mcstarr
    Participant

I am nearly finished with a new media room, would it be perfectly fine to mix Uni fi floor/center/bookshelf with the new Debut in ceiling or should I not mix?

Charles Mallari

Functionally, mixing these speakers works, people do it all the time, and it is a very enjoyable experience. =)

But this deviates from the ideal perfect world scenario. Where all speaker match and all tweeters are on the same plane level with your ears. With the exception of the height speakers, which are in-ceiling and or ceiling reflecting speakers.

Thanks,
    Charles

MM
    Participant

Do the Debut Ceiling speakers have the same sound as the unifis? I have Unifi towers and center speaker and want to add ceiling speakers for the surrounds. Or should we wait for the Unifi ceiling speakers?

Charles Mallari

Hello MM,

The Debut Ceiling speakers are part of the Debut line which is different than the Uni-fi line.

Functionally, mixing these speakers works, people do it all the time, and it is a very enjoyable experience. =)

But it deviates from the “perfect world scenario” where all speakers are the same.

As far as waiting, if you are very very patient and happy waiting I would wait. If you are not patient you could purchase the Debut and purchase to the Uni-fi in ceiling if the Debut is not satisfactory. The Uni-fi will be the same size or larger than the Debut, so the Uni-fi will fit the existing holes.

Thanks,
    Charles Mallari

vpillay01
    Participant

Hi New to this forum. I am interested in Elac as are many. My question involves the uni fi slim’s and future in ceiling options. My budget places me in the uni fi domain. I personally like the size and performance offering by Elac.

Sounds like to enter into atmos and auro , if I was considering uni fi B5 as a lcr and rear option, that ELAC might be coming out with Front and Rear Height in ceiling options in the UNI FI configuration of drivers? Is that right?

Also is there any acceptable uni fi B5 mounting solution that might compare to the in ceiling offers say if cutting holes in the ceiling was not an option

Any guidance from Elac would be appreciated.

MM
    Participant

When do you expect the Uni-fi Ceiling speakers to be released?
    6 months? 2 years?

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  MM.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.