The useless discovery server

Home Forums Discovery Server The useless discovery server

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Chris Walker 4 months ago.

• Author

phgoodwin23
    Participant

I have a useless discovery server. It has been this way ever since I bought the thing. Endless attempts to resolve issues of connectivity and library stability have been thwarted by slow search and response to simple requests, like play selected album/track. Continued drop outs and now silence have brought me to a final conclusion. After what must be a year fighting this product as everyone wants to blame all the ancillary equipment, the network, the internet, the old school amplifier, the nas drive. I have been in touch with you, with roon labs forum (who did not want me there once they discovered I used roon essentials) with the HiFi dealer that I purchased from (with whom I have a relationship going back some twenty years), With the HiFi press where I achieved “letter of the month” with my questions about digital networks, with my neighbor who works in the IT industry. My conclusion is, this product is not fit for purpose. I will cut my losses and simply move on.

Chris Walker
    Keymaster

Hi,

I am very sorry to hear that you are having problems with your Discovery Music Server. I can assure you that this is not the norm. We have the Discovery up and running in 100’s of retail stores without any issue. I would really like to find out exactly what problems you are having and see how we can get things resolved.

I have emailed you my personal cell phone number. Feel free to call me (Even today) so that we can figure what is going on.

Thanks,

Chris Walker
    VP Product Development
    ELAC

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.