Subwoofer bang!

Home Forums EA Series Amp Subwoofer bang!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Charles Mallari 2 days, 17 hours ago.

• Author

Peter
    Participant

I have televisions connected to the Optic 1, chromecast audio in Optic 2.
    When I switch between the two I often get a loud noise in the subwoofer, a bang.
    Anyone else have this problem?

lotusguy
    Participant

Yes. I am using several of the inputs, but I only have a massive “thump” when selecting Analog 1. This occurs even when the amplifier is muted. BTW, I’m not using a sub and the thump seems isolated to the right side speaker.

Charles Mallari

Hello Lotusguys and Peter,

This is very interesting, I have not seen this issue before. I will need more details. Please email me at: customerservice@elac.com

Peter I’m unsure if your issue was resolved. I started here in March and I’m unsure if your issue was resolved. Please let me know if this you still require assistance.

Respectfully,
    Charles Mallari

lotusguy
    Participant

Charles
    I tried to send you a note at the address you gave above and it bounced back saying the address (customerservice@elac.com) did not exist. Is there another address to which I can post the email?
    Regards
    Herb

ElMuumi
    Participant

Hi,

I’m having this same issue. Changing between some inputs makes subwoofer make thump. Also powering off my Element makes subwoofer thump and sometimes my speakers too. Another problem I’m having is that my subwoofer autopower doesn’t work with Element. Is there anyway to fix these issues?

Charles Mallari

Hello ElMuumi

We were able bring the unit into the office and test for that thumping. With lotusguy testing with us we were not able to duplicate the issue.

We thought that there may be some other grounding interference. To see if it help, you can try using one of these: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheater_plug

Is there a specific input that was having this issue?

Respectfully,
    Charles Mallari

PeterH
    Participant

Hi,

I also have the same issues. Switching between the inputs USB and Optical 1 the subwoofer makes a loud bang. This also happens when I switch off the amp. Also the autopower of the subwoofer does not work.

Optical 1 = TV
    USB (B port) = Raspberry Pi
    Sub Out= B&W ASW 608 Subwoofer
    Speakers Also B&W’s

Best regards,
    PeterH

Charles Mallari

Hello PeterH

We were able bring the unit into the office and test for that thumping. With lotusguy testing with us we were not able to duplicate the issue.

We thought that there may be some other grounding interference. To see if it help, you can try using one of these: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheater_plug

If that does not please contact customerservice@elac.us

Respectfully,
      Charles Mallari

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.