Subwoofer bang!

Home Forums EA Series Amp Subwoofer bang!

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Charles Mallari 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Peter
    Participant

I have televisions connected to the Optic 1, chromecast audio in Optic 2.
    When I switch between the two I often get a loud noise in the subwoofer, a bang.
    Anyone else have this problem?

lotusguy
    Participant

Yes. I am using several of the inputs, but I only have a massive “thump” when selecting Analog 1. This occurs even when the amplifier is muted. BTW, I’m not using a sub and the thump seems isolated to the right side speaker.

Charles Mallari

Hello Lotusguys and Peter,

This is very interesting, I have not seen this issue before. I will need more details. Please email me at: customerservice@elac.com

Peter I’m unsure if your issue was resolved. I started here in March and I’m unsure if your issue was resolved. Please let me know if this you still require assistance.

Respectfully,
    Charles Mallari

lotusguy
    Participant

Charles
    I tried to send you a note at the address you gave above and it bounced back saying the address (customerservice@elac.com) did not exist. Is there another address to which I can post the email?
    Regards
    Herb

ElMuumi
    Participant

Hi,

I’m having this same issue. Changing between some inputs makes subwoofer make thump. Also powering off my Element makes subwoofer thump and sometimes my speakers too. Another problem I’m having is that my subwoofer autopower doesn’t work with Element. Is there anyway to fix these issues?

Charles Mallari

Hello ElMuumi

We were able bring the unit into the office and test for that thumping. With lotusguy testing with us we were not able to duplicate the issue.

We thought that there may be some other grounding interference. To see if it help, you can try using one of these: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheater_plug

Is there a specific input that was having this issue?

Respectfully,
    Charles Mallari

PeterH
    Participant

Hi,

I also have the same issues. Switching between the inputs USB and Optical 1 the subwoofer makes a loud bang. This also happens when I switch off the amp. Also the autopower of the subwoofer does not work.

Optical 1 = TV
    USB (B port) = Raspberry Pi
    Sub Out= B&W ASW 608 Subwoofer
    Speakers Also B&W’s

Best regards,
    PeterH

Charles Mallari

Hello PeterH

We were able bring the unit into the office and test for that thumping. With lotusguy testing with us we were not able to duplicate the issue.

We thought that there may be some other grounding interference. To see if it help, you can try using one of these: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheater_plug

If that does not please contact customerservice@elac.us

Respectfully,
      Charles Mallari

ElMuumi
      Participant

Hi,

I have same B&W ASW 608 subwoofer as PeterH and I have PC connected to amp’s USB and analog 1, TV to optical 1, XBox to optical 2 and Cambridge CP1 to analog 2. Changing from opt1 or opt2 to usb makes very loud bang from subwoofer. With opt1 this happens everytime, but with opt2 it happens only when xbox is powered on and playing any sounds. When xbox is powered off or at start menu, changing from opt2 to usb doesn’t make subwoofer bang. I took of power cord from tv to test and changing from opt1 to usb didn’t make any banging. Changing from analog inputs to usb doesn’t make subwoofer to bang. It’s seems that problem occurs if optical input is receiving any signal when changing to usb. My subwoower makes loud bang also when I power off my amp, but it is different sounding bang.

I’m quite sure that this is not a grounding issue because I haven’t have similar issues with any other amplifier’s and in Finland, where I live, almost all electricity cablings are grounded since eighties.

Charles, I’m sorry I haven’t answered earlier. I find a way (=subwoofer power button) to live with this issue but now I noticed that someone had same issues and same subwoofer so I made some debugging.

Charles Mallari

Please email us at info@elac.de

Respectfully,
      Charles Mallari

ElMuumi
      Participant

Hi,

I emailed you about three weeks ago to that address but I haven’t received any answer. Do you know is this issue under work?

Charles Mallari

Hello All,

Do either of you have a turntable? We are unable to duplicate these issues with our units.

For product support within North & South America contact:
    customerservice@elac.us

For product support outside North America contact:
    info@elac.de

I will respond for the Americas. The team in Germany must respond to inquiries outside of the Americas.

Respectfully,
    Charles Mallari

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.