Start-up fails

Home Forums Discovery Server Start-up fails

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  saylormd 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Henrik Schultz
    Participant

Hi,

I just bought the (new) Discovery a few days ago. Fired up a couple of days ago while downloading the Essentials app to my Galaxy 8. The app finds the Discovery fine. I go on to Connect, and get the message that the Discovery must update software etc. I click Download and Install. After about 15 minutes of the Discovery downloading etc, I get sent back to the Connect page. I then click Connect again, and the same thing happens. I never get beyong this tedious routine of Downloading and Installing updates.

When I, on the Connect page in the app simply search for a device, I’m asked to specify an IP adress (which I don’t know). If I go on to click Scan (without specifying an IP adress), the app fails.

I have, of course, tried to both re-start and re-set the Discovery. But I get the same error.

This is neither simple plug & paly, nor very impressive. I have contacted my dealer, who refers to the importer. The importer refers to the dealer. I have complained to both, and they tell me it must be an error, and that they will get back to me. I’m still waiting.

/ Henrin 🙁

jserio2335
    Participant

Henrin,

It’s very frustrating and you will still be waiting for a while because customer service for the ELAC Discovery is terrible.

Joe

saylormd
    Participant

There is an answer for this problem. Can’t tell you what it is since it never happened to me. Do not wait for a response via FORUM.
    Instead please send email to

Customerservice@elac.us
    Attention: Charles Mallari

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.