Search in Tidal

Home Forums Discovery Server Search in Tidal

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  saylormd 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author

Frandha
    Participant

Dear Sir,

I am quit happy with the Elac Discovery. There is however one thing that causes irritation.
    Whenever I run a search in Tidal eg artist (on Roon app in iOS), I can only retrieve a name which is already in my Library.
    Other artists available in Tidal can not be found. So I have to go to the Tidal app , run a search , add the music to my collection and wait till it is synchronized into the Roon app. Is this the standard procedure ?? I thought Tidal was fully integrated into Roon/Elac.
    Thank you in advance.
    François

Charles Mallari

Hello Francois,

Tidal is really well integrated into Roon Essential and the Discovery System.

When you run a search it will first come up with “Library Artist” as the search is much faster. Then after a few moments it will search tidal and you should see a “TIDAL Artist” section once the search is completed. If you scroll down it will show artists, albums, and tracks. I have tried this on both the iPhone and iPad.

If you are still not seeing it, please email me: Customerservice@elac.us As screen shot are a little easier to share via email.

Thanks,
    Charles Mallari

Lines_ss
    Participant

Hi Elac team,

I would like to get back to the topic “Search capability of ROON Essential in TIDAL”. When am doing a search via ROON App (doesn’t matters if it’s done on PC, MAC, IPhone…) e.g. for the Playlist Blips & Blops only results for “Tidal Alben” and “Tidal Title” can be found, but unfortunately no results at all for “Tidal Playlists” and “Tidal Artists”….

E.g. go in the ROON App to Tidal/Playlists/New Playlists, you will find e.g. the Playlist called Blips & Blops, just to proof that it already exists within Tidal. Now try to search for it, no hit will appear. You can easily reproduce it with another Playlist.

Using the original Desktop App from Tidal the search for Blips & Blops will give you several results for Artist, Album, Playlist, Video, Title.

Am I overlooking something? How can I get results for Playlists within ROON essentials? Currently the search capability is quite low and not satisfying at all.

Is there any improvement to be expected with an upcoming update?

Kind Regards,
    Sven

saylormd
    Participant

You are quite correct, there is a need for a Tidal Playlist search function. This has previously been requested, and the request bears repeating.

In the meantime, the best you can do in Roon Essentials regarding Tidal Playlists is to Browse them.
    TO FIND PLAYLISTS WITHIN ROON ESSENTIALS:

Click on the three bars in the upper left to display the home menu, if necessary.
    Under BROWSE click on TIDAL.
    On the screen that opens click on the word “Playlists” in the menu near the top of the screen.
    Then click on the mood of Tidal Playlists you wish to browse, OR under Playlists at the bottom left of the screen choose from NEW/RECCOMMENDED/EXCLUSIVE/MASTERS and view your displayed choices. A short row of playlists appears. If you don’t see anything you want to play, on the bottom far right click “View All.” This shows additional playlists within the category previously selected, for example all the NEW Playlists.
    Use the right arrow key (or the mouse scroll button) to move thru the screens of this list, or choose a different category (or mood).

The above lets you browse Tidal Playlists. These playlists are not the same as your personal playlists. Personal playlists can be sorted and searched via the “Playlist” button on the home menu. If and when you find a TIDAL Playlist you really like its a snap to copy all of it or a portion of it to your personal playlist collection (and to edit it as desired, rename it, reorder it, etc) where it is now searchable / easy to find again.

saylormd
    Participant

While we are wishing, It would be great to be able to search in Roon for, for example, all Tidal Playlists which include a certain artist or song.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.