I see that the Discovery Server has updated to Roon Essentials v1.5 yesterday. Thank you Elac, but I can’t see much difference between it and v1.3. Could you tell us what features have been added and is there any documentation on it. I would like to know how it compares to v1.5 Roon.
New Functionality for Build 48:
• Redesigned Device Setup, with easier automatic settings
• Improved “Other Versions” with TIDAL
• Better Handling Of Incomplete TIDAL Albums
• Internet Radio supports FLAC and OGG/FLAC streams
• Radio Improvements
o Avoid bad picks causes by artist genres, limited artists within a genre, or irrelevant artist relationships
o Better handling of “Holiday” content
o Less repetitive picks
• Support for new file tags:
o “Bootleg” file tags (If MEDIATYPE, MEDIA_TYPE, RELEASETYPE, RELEASE_TYPE, MusicBrainz Album Type = Bootleg)
o Radio banning using ROONRADIOBAN tag
There have also some resolved issues and bug fixes.