Roon Essentials 1.4 Update

Home Forums Discovery Server Roon Essentials 1.4 Update

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  EdIncleve 1 month ago.

• Author

EdIncleve
    Participant

Is Elac going to update the Discovery Music Server DS-101 to Roon Essentials 1.4?

If so, when could we expect it?

Thanks

jarnopp
    Participant

+1

I’ve emailed Charles and Chris with no response on this. Would be great to know the upgrade path. Thanks.

ajitmoses
    Participant

Any update on this? I used 1.4 on full roon and it makes 1.3 essentials primitive. Are we getting 1.4 on essentials? Please advise.

EdIncleve
    Participant

Hello
    Does anyone from Elac actually monitor these forums?

jarnopp
      Participant

And, more importantly, are Roon and Elac still committed to Roon Essentials or is this the end of development (with the last major update over a year ago)?

stefanwegner
    Participant

Would be great to know if a version 1.4 is coming. I’m just about to give up on the Discovery and find a different system that allows for more tracks and works every single time. Is anything happening, guys?

kkarch2@gmail.com
    Participant

Will the discovery ever support any update?
    – I have never been notified of an update being available as the Roon website implies should happen.

I would love to have Chromecast support (released in Roon 1.5, build 334).
    – Airplay is inconsistant in grouping speakers.

Thank you.

EdIncleve
    Participant

I posted this under the “Discovery 1.3 Firmware Update” topic, and I’ll try this topic, also:

I doubt this will get an answer, but here goes.

When will there be an update to v1.4? Or will there ever be another update to the Discovery Server?

It seems like Elac has moved on. Also, I don’t know of any other devices that have been introduced with Roon Essentials. Is it going to fade away or just die?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.