Roon essential /Elac discovery configuration issues

Home Forums Discovery Server Roon essential /Elac discovery configuration issues

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  trda 1 week, 3 days ago.

• Author

trda
    Participant

I am trying to set up the Elac Discovery device. I had initially some difficulties to have the device recognized and connected to the Roon essential app on my Samsung phone or the Windows desktop application. After resetting the device 2 times, it started the process of being recognized as a Roon core device but I got interrupted half way. Updates to 1.3 and 1.5 were installed but then, when I had to go through the actual setup through Roon essentials, after creating an account on Roon essentials I got an error message saying : ‘‘Configuration issue: this device has not been configured properly and is missing a required licence. This can be resolved by contacting the manufacturer’’. So what I did, I performed another reset, another update, but when I tried to log in with the same Roon Essential account , I still got the same error.

This whole setup does not run very smoothly. Unfortunately I do not have too much time in my hands so if I can’t solve this within the next 2-3 days I need to send back the device to the seller because I will be out of my 30 days return period. I am surprised that this whole procedure is a bit more troublesome that I thought it would be for such an expensive device. If anyone has an idea on how to solve this, please let me know. I don’t know how fast Elac technical service is to provide assistance via telephone, but I will contact them today ( December 6th 2018). I am not sure if this is solely an Elac problem or also a Roon essential problem. I hate it when the consumer gets caught in the middle. In the meantime if anyone can help many thanks in advance.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.