Hopefully a Simple feature request (Default display to Volume not Source)

Home Forums EA Series Amp Hopefully a Simple feature request (Default display to Volume not Source)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  thormix 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

thormix
    Participant

Hopefully this is a Simple firmware addition. I have been unable to find a way to default the resting display to “Volume” instead “Source.”

What it’s doing Now: Example – When changing the Source on the Element Amp from Optical 1 > Analog 1 the display on my Element Amp correctly shows “Analog 1” (the new Source) in the ELED display. However, when I change the volume it displays the new volume number then reverts almost instantly back to the Source.

What I would like the Option to do: When changing the volume on the Element Amp continue to display the Volume until I change the Source. When I change the Source show the new Source then go back to the Volume on the display.

Cliff Notes: Please allow the Element Amps resting display be the Volume number! When anything is changed the Amp should display the change then return to the volume on the Display.

Charles Mallari

Your request has been noted.

Kayos
    Participant

I would also be very interested in this feature. Displaying the current volume makes much more sens instead of the source.
    Charles, thanks for listening to the Feedback!!!

thormix
    Participant

Thank you Charles. Any idea when this will happen?

As Kayos so astutely points out “Displaying the current volume makes much more sens[e] instead of the source.” Especially for us 2 channel Pre-Pro guys and gals. Having the ability to toggle between displaying the Volume and Source would make the most sense to me, while satisfying every type of user.

Charles Mallari

Hello All,

I found out the reasoning that we display the input rather than the volume. Because changing the volume to display doesn’t stop the sound and is not disruptive to the listening experience. On the other hand, to change the input to figure out which input you are using may interrupt the music, movie or the game. This is an industry standard and part of electronics ergonomics. It’s a interesting piece of knowledge that I just learned too.

Thanks,
    Charles Mallari

thormix
    Participant

Thanks for the wonderful and clear explanation Charles. I had no idea. It totally makes sense especially if one was using the Elac Element Amp in a Home Theater setup.

This is the first integrated Amplifier I’ve owned that has only one small display window. My last Pre-Amp (Adcom GTP-602) had a large led display and six separate red LEDs which illuminated which Source you were currently on.

However, I can’t help but to think that having the option/feature of displaying Volume over Source would still be a valuable feature for many music fans and Audiophiles alike. I’m currently using the Elac Element Amp with two of your UF5s Tower Speakers in a stereo configuration. I have only two inputs in use: CD-(Analog 1) and My Music Server PC 24/192-(Optical 1).

Is this something that is possible to add to the Elac Amps features? We could use the mobile able to toggle between the Volume or Source in the setup screen. Currently you give the feature under Screen Brightness for “Screen Auto Off/On” which is wonderful!

Much appreciation,
    Daniel

Charles Mallari

Hey Thormix,

The request has been noted and I’ve mentioned it to development.(That’s how I found out about the ergonomics) They are looking into it. I’m honestly not sure what’s possible and what’s not. I’ll let you know what I find out.

Thanks,
    Charles Mallari

thormix
    Participant

Much appreciated. Lovin’ the UF5s and Element Integrated combo! Sounds great!

This picture is pre-Element Amp. I was running a pair of Sony ES (Sony TA-N55ES Power Amplifiers) one for the UF5s and one for the B6s.
    Sony sounded great but lacked the low end punch that the Element Amp delivers especially with the UF5s!
    Elac System

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.