Elac Adantes out of phase according to Audessy

Home Forums Discovery Server Elac Adantes out of phase according to Audessy

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  amidujusu89 1 week, 1 day ago.

• Author

amidujusu89
    Participant

I just got the Elac Adantes (Af61s and Ac61) and I am having a “phase error” every time I try to run Audessy. Audessy prompts me to switch the wires at the back of the speakers or skip. I checked the wiring and everything looks right. However, I can’t click ignore as the system wouldn’t calibrate properly.

Just a background of current setup:

I have my Emotiva amplifier connect using XLR cables to the Marantz processor, but the absolute phase being used by the Marantz is the US standard and the Emotiva is using the European standard. So I was advised by Emotiva service tech in the past to reverse the wiring at the back of the amp with my previous speakers I had before the Elacs in order to bring them in phase. Hence the previous speakers had no phase errors when calibrating after reversing the wires at the back of the amplifier.

However, I got the phase errors when I replaced my old speakers with the elac adantes. Is this due to the passive radiators in the speakers? Are the Adantes designed out of phase? I don’t know…

But when I do as Audessy recommends, the systems proceeds with the calibration but it sounds unnatural after. I have to revers the wires to the old set up recommended by Emotiva above to get a fuller sound. I know this sound a little confusing but any help would be appreciated. Why I am getting phase errors only on the Elacs LCR but not on the surround dipole speakers.

Here is how my system is set up:

Elac Adantes (LCR)

Emotiva dipople speakers

Marantz Av7704

Emotiva Xpa9

SVS PB12 plus

Bluray player

Thanks,

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.