Discover Connect issues

Home Forums Discovery Server Discover Connect issues

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Inkobject 3 days, 16 hours ago.

• Author

jarnopp
    Participant

Hi Charles/ELAC,

I’ve been using the Discovery Connect for several weeks now as an endpoint to the Discovery Server, and I really like it. However, I’ve used it in two different locations in my (relatively small) home and I find it “loses connection” (or just stops playing and I have to hit PLAY again). This happens often, like every 40 minutes or so, but randomly. Is this a known issue and will there be a FW update to address it? Other endpoints (Chord Poly) do not exhibit this behavior when connected to the Discovery Server.

Thanks,
    John

adcom555
    Participant

Yes, I’d like to know the answer to this question too – hopefully in a more timely fashion. I’m enjoying my Elac Discovery Server, and I’m looking into other Elac products – but boy the support responses are far and few between! Charles or Chris Walker – you need to start being more responsive to your customer base. It seems like Elac puts a minimum value on customer/product support.

I took a big chance on going with Elac. I was going to purchase the Bluesound Node 2i and had been very impressed with their customer/product support and forums. However, the ability to use Roon Essentials in the Elac Server changed my decision at the last moment.

Customer/product support is just as important as the product itself. Hopefully, Elac will realize this and invest more in their support staff.

Regards,

Mark

jarnopp
      Participant

So, I turned on QoS for my Nighthawk router, and gave what I think is Discovery Connect a High setting (it does not show up as a recognizable product, but a component manufacturer name), and this seems to be good for the past couple days. But, i do not think I should need to do this, when Netgear does not recommend QoS for high bandwidth situations (I have 100MBS up/down on fiber). Still, if everything in my network is ok long term, I’ll likely leave it this way. I do want to register it as a potential issue for Elac to look into, though. Thanks.

Charles Mallari

Hello John,

So the problem is with the connect and yet other endpoints don’t have the problem? This is the first I’ve seen/heard of this and we use the Discovery connect all the time.

Please email Customerservice@elac.us as I may need more information and diagnostic information.

Respectfully,
      Charles Mallari

Inkobject
    Participant

I experienced frequent disconnections with my unit when I first installed it. I am using it on a wired connection through an Asus router.

On a lark, I assigned a static IP address to the unit in my router’s control panel and have not had the issue since.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.