Controller App Issues

Home Forums Discovery Server Controller App Issues

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Trav0810 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author

Trav0810
    Participant

I cannot get the Android controller app to work right at all. Anytime I turn on the tablet and bring up the controller app, I have to unplug the Discovery and plug it back in for the tablet to find it.

The only luck I have had is using the windows version on my laptop. So then, I bought one of the Acer 2 in 1 tablet / notebooks that uses Windows 10, the same as my laptop, and when I installed the app on it, it told me that it was not compatible with my PC.

adcom555
    Participant

Trav0810 – Have you checked if the version of Roon Essentials on the tablet is the same as the version running on your pc? When you first get the Elac server it will go through an update process to the latest version 1.5. But when you introduce another device like a phone or tablet it must also be on the same version. Good luck getting help from Elac – I think they are too busy counting the money we gave them for their products. It’s a nice product, but the experience would be so much better if Elac showed once once of respect for it’s customers.

Mark

Trav0810
    Participant

I don’t really know how to determine what version it is on the devices? I figured since it’s a Windows laptop and a Windows tablet that there was only one version that it would install.

Product doesn’t seem to be well built and works very well but only with that one laptop as a controller. I can’t use anything else. Of course, there’s not much information in the form of a user manual, so it does get a bit frustrating trying to set it up.

I’ve also been having issues trying to figure out how to get it to stream the music from my WD MyCloud drive. I’m not extremely knowledgeable with computers. I basically use my phone for all my business and work applications, and don’t do hardly anything on a computer. So setting up the drive and trying to figure out how to get it running on the system has been a PITA as well. I think the company expects everyone to be much more computer and tech-savvy than I am. So going digital like this has been a struggle!

Trav0810
    Participant

This, is extremely discouraging. After installing, uninstalling, reinstalling apps on five or six different devices, the only thing that will work for me is a 20lb monster of a laptop that I don’t want to have to use. I cannot figure out what the problem is I’m having with this thing on the Android tablet. If I unplug the unit and plug it in, the tablet will recognize the unit and the tablet will be able to control the discovery. But then, it “loses” the unit and the only way it will reconnect is if I unplug the Discovery and plug it back in

• This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by  Trav0810.

Trav0810
    Participant

I’ve got to say, I’m pretty disappointed in the lack of response to my issue. at this point, it would be very hard to recommend this product to anyone.

adcom555
    Participant

This is to Elac –

Oh, Charles or anybody in a support role, can you please answer your customer’s question?

You see Trav, the only way Elac seems to chime in is if you shame them…

The worst support in consumer history.

Trav0810
    Participant

It seems like all of these companies are starting to run on skeleton crews when it comes to their customer support departments. they don’t have a problem staffing salesman in such, to get you to spend the money, but then they don’t want to invest in a support staff to actually help customers after you’ve spent your money.

Trav0810
    Participant

It seems like all of these companies are starting to run on skeleton crews when it comes to their customer support departments. they don’t have a problem staffing salesman in such, to get you to spend the money, but then they don’t want to invest in a support staff to actually help customers after you’ve spent your money. I hate it. The company I bought the unit from is a great company to deal with, but they have absolutely no idea how to fix this issue I’m having with the controllers. If you go to the roon essentials website, and click on the support link, it’s a dead link. Not found.

adcom555
    Participant

Trav –

I found these sites (not Elac created – thank god) that might be of interest. Maybe you could contact Hi-Fi and ask them about your issue?

http://www.hifi-network.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Discovery0_Contents.html

ELAC Discovery FAQ

Trav0810
    Participant

I wasn’t sure how helpful a third party could be if they don’t have anything to do with the design or software used on the unit. But I will certainly check it out. Thanks

Trav0810
    Participant

I wish I would have known that ELAC customer service was this lacking before I was outside of the return window on I certainly wouldn’t have kept it if I would have known there was absolutely no support.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by  Trav0810.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.