Bluetooth connection always "stealing phone speaker"

Home Forums EA Series Amp Bluetooth connection always "stealing phone speaker"

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  thormix 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author

Dan
    Participant

I’m posting today hoping for some help on what might be a nuanced issue. When I first started using the Element Amp, I expected my iOS device to pair via bluetooth only when the Bluetooth source was selected. So when using other inputs, I did not expect the phone to be connected, until I switched over to the bluetooth input. This was my experience with all other bluetooth speakers up until this point but is not the case with the ELement amp. As soon as I turn on the amp, it connects to my iphone automatically, so my phone ‘speaker’ is always the element amp regardless of the input source on the amp.

Without knowing the technical details of this, I presume that the Element amp differs from other devices in that it is always looking to establish a bluetooth connection (regardless of the input source) whenever the amp is on. I figure this is due to the Element remote app working via a bluetooth connection. Let me start by simply asking if I may have the bluetooth connection configured incorrectly for the remote app / bluetooth input on the amp? The manual makes me believe that two different bluetooth connections should be occurring, one for the bluetooth input and one for the app. But I did not experience the two connection options, only the one. I never saw “ELAC USB Amplifier” as a bluetooth connection option on my phone. So, is that the problem and I am not using this as designed?

Or do I have it setup correctly and this is just currently the way it operates. The problem with this, in my opinion, is that anytime you turn on the amp, your ios device speaker for all audio, including alerts (and some phone call issues in my experience) are routing through the amp. So you have to manually adjust the speaker out on the phone, every time you turn the amp on.

Have I connected incorrectly way at the beginning or is this normal? Thanks for the help!

Dan

Dan
    Participant

Any help/thoughts out there on this?

Thanks!

Charles Mallari

Hello Dan,

I have let the developers know about this. I’ll let you know when this change is implemented.

Thanks,
    Charles Mallari

Dan
    Participant

Thanks Charles, I appreciate the help.

thormix
    Participant

Same here. Very intrusive when the Element Amp wakes and takes over my bluetooth connection. Mainly because if the Amp is muted my iPhone 6 makes no noise when I get text or emails. Please fix this asap or allow us to turn off BT on the amp side. Thank you.

thormix
    Participant

Any update on fixing this bug. It’s getting really intrusive having the Elac Element steal iPhone Audio whenever it’s on.

Charles Mallari

I have gotten an update on this. It is in the testing phase. There are other features being added too. That update list will be available when the firmware is available.

Thanks for you patience.

Charles Mallari

thormix
    Participant

That’s great news! Thank you Charles.

thormix
    Participant

I applied the firmware patch a few weeks ago and so far it’s working flawlessly. Thank you again for fixing this BT issue. It was driving me, and I’m sure others, crazy. Kudos!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.