best setup possible?

Home Forums Uni-Fi best setup possible?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  EdIncleve 1 year, 5 months ago.

• Author

markyboy156
    Participant

hi

i am after buying the new elac uni fi b5 to use as my fronts and rears and the matching centre

i want to do a 11.2 setup so i want the perfect matching for best sound possible reciever?

also i need 4 atmos speakers for front and rear heights what do you recommend?

and what to use as additional rear sounds again wha do you recommend?

also in your opion what would be the best speaker cable to use with thissetup in your opion?

also i need 2 subs i want them to go very low deep bass in the 16hz area want the bass fast and tight with great impact and slam again what is best to use in your opion?

also what would be the best stands to use with the elac uni fi b5 speakers

and the best wall mounts to use with the 4 atmos speakers?

i have the panasonic ub900 4k player sky hd playstation 4 xbox one and wii u and nvidia console
    oppo 103 and pc to tv and emotiva erc-3 cd player connected to a 55eg920v lg oled tv

my room measurements are 18 feet wide 10 feet depth 15 foot height

for music i like pop rock house funk hip hop r&b heavy metal jazz classical rave

for movies i like over the top actio movies and horror and special effects movies

need help asap thanks marcus

Chris Walker
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

Here are the answers to your questions.

i want to do a 11.2 setup so i want the perfect matching for best sound possible reciever? Any of the major brands of receivers should work well. Since you are wanting to do 11.2 you might want to take a look at Onkyo TX-NR3030. It has 11 amplifiers built in.

also i need 4 atmos speakers for front and rear heights what do you recommend? We would recommend the ELAC A4 Atmos speakers in order to match the Uni-fi timbre.

and what to use as additional rear sounds again wha do you recommend? You can use the B5 or B4 speakers for this.

also in your opion what would be the best speaker cable to use with thissetup in your opion? Since you will be using a large amount of wire were would suggest a mininum of 14 gauge wire. Depending on your budget we like Audioquest on the high end, but we also like bargain cable from brands such as monoprice.

also i need 2 subs i want them to go very low deep bass in the 16hz area want the bass fast and tight with great impact and slam again what is best to use in your opion? We offer two subwoofers that might meet your needs. Our Sub 2070 goes down to 18 Hertz while our Sub 2090 goes down to 17 Hertz. You can find them in our subwoofer section of our website.

also what would be the best stands to use with the elac uni fi b5 speakers – Take a look at the below link for our recommendation on speaker stands.

Debut Speaker FAQ – Andrew Jones

and the best wall mounts to use with the 4 atmos speakers? The A4 atmos speakers are designed to sit on top of the front and rear speakers. They should not be wall mounted.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Chris Walker

markyboy156
    Participant

thanks chris for the answers

waht would you use for the centre speaker wall bracket please?

also what good quality optical and coax cables would you use in this setup?

i want 11.2 i want the sound formats dolby atmos dts x auro 3d so what reciever would you use for these formats?

thanks marcus

EdIncleve
    Participant

@markyboy156

I can weigh in on the speaker stands.

I tried several stands for my Debut B6’s and the stand that seems to work well, ie: proper height, reasonably solid and attractive is the Sanus SF26.

They are 26″ high, textured flat black steel, substantial and can be filled with sand. And a very important matter for me, is that my wife absolutely loves them. She thinks they are the best looking of all the stands I tried.

They aren’t as cheap as some at $148/pr, but my search for stands stopped with these.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=sanus+sf26+speaker+stands

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.