Anyone tried the uni-fi's with a tube amp?

Home Forums Uni-Fi Anyone tried the uni-fi's with a tube amp?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  jasn54 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

jasn54
    Participant

I am building out a new media room and planning on a 5.1.4 system using 2-UF5’s, 1-UC5 and 1-S12EQ SW in front and 2-UB5’s in the back. I’m also targeting the Marantz SR-7010 AVR rated for (165 W + 165 W @ 6 Ω/ohms, 1 kHz with 0.7 % T.H.D.). The receiver does have a 4-ohm connection as well. This wil be an upgrade to an older Onkyo AVR and Carver Cinema System 5.2 speakers

I focus more on (FLAC and Apple Lossless)) music than HT and have a stand-alone, very nice, (proudly-built) Bob Latino VTA ST120 tube amp conservatively rated for 60W/ch @ 8 ohms (also has 4 & 6 ohm transformer taps). I am running that purely as a 2-ch using an Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC and (original-owner) JBL L-166 speakers. I love the sound of this rig but I’ve been listening to these speakers for 40 years and feeling up for a change. So, while I am feeling confident that the Marantz will drive the Uni-Fi’s just fine in my medium-sized room (12-feet from speakers)

I am curious about the match-up with the UF5’s if I ran the 60 W tube amp for the front main speakers? That would be in both 2-ch pure-direct mode and also in the 5.1.4 mode?

Would love some feedback/thoughts from ELAC and others perhaps more knowledgeable about the potential compatibility.

Thx. jasn54

• This topic was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by  jasn54. Reason: format

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.